Monday 11 July 2011

Pushing and pulling

I left plenty of DNA on the barbell today.
I saw Paul's deadlift/push-up routine and wanted to give it a go, so I decided to do a pushing/pulling workout. Felt a bit sluggish today - perhaps because of the humidity - which accounts for the low early numbers, but the timed section was pretty much what I expected.

The first two routines were alternating between sets.

Incline db bench press 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
40s, 42s, 45s, 47s, 50s

Chin-ups - 5 x max reps
12, 10, 8, 7, 6

======

50 x rack bench press @ 105 (7 holes, large bench)
Time = 12:35

I would have used the small bench, but someone stole it as I was walking toward it. Naming no names...

======

10 RFT:
15 deadlifts @ 135
15 push-up
Time = 28:00

The first round was unbroken. I used up a few seconds after it so I could clean up the blood on my right shin! It took me longer to disinfect the bar at the end than to set up the barbell at the beginning. At first I did quick deadlifts and took plenty of rests as I needed them. About halfway through my reps were slower, but the breaks were fewer (never more than 2). Plenty of blood and sweat, but good fun! Paul kicked my ass, though.

2 comments:

Paul French said...

heh I assume that was me, I didn't even see ya walking over to the bench.

Common Sense Design said...

Well, duh! :-)

Post a Comment