Tuesday 8 November 2011

Full body: Heavy/moderate weight

Power clean and press:
65 (5), 95 (3), 105 (3), 105 (3), 110 (2), 115 (F), 115 (F)

That's a step backwards with my clean and presses; I should have got at least 1 rep at 115lb. Either I've overtrained my upper body and it needs more recovery time, my recovery nutrition isn't right, or I need to do more warming up before I start lifting. It may well be the latter because it only seems to be the first routine each morning where I'm not doing as well as I should.

Update: It's now 6:50pm and I'm feeling a bit drained, so perhaps this morning's clean and press performance is simply an indication that I need to have a break. I was planning on taking tomorrow as a rest day anyway, then an arm day on Thursday. That should leave me refreshed for Friday. 

======

Fran: 21-15-9
Thrusters @ 95
Kipping pull-ups
Time = 15:13

That's a 22 second improvement on last time, in August, which was 19 seconds quicker than the time before that back in May. Those thrusters felt tougher than I expected and I failed on one rep late in the first round. Kipping pull-ups went really quickly. I'm making steady improvement with Fran, but still a lot of work to do before I match hardcore CrossFit athletes! Clearly, my light weight is an advantage for the kipping pull-ups, but a disadvantage for 95lb thrusters.

Here's how my Girl's scores have improved.

======

For time:
20 deadlifts @ 135
20 sumo deadlifts @ 135

Time = 2:32

This is what Fran is supposed to look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment