Saturday 11 February 2012

Full body

Personal training with Paul

Front squats for time (previous times from September 2011 in brackets):
95 x 10: 19 seconds (18 seconds)
115 x 10: 25 sec (24 sec)
125 x 10: 40 sec (didn't do this weight before; did 115 twice)
135 x 10: 1:33 min (2:34 min)
145 x 10: 1:48 min (4:56 min)

I'm really pleased with these improved times, of course, but I really do need to work on improving my grip for front squats. I only used the correct grip in the 95lb set - bar resting on my clavicle, held in place by a couple of fingers - and the rest were all cross-over grip. For the most part I was able to keep my elbows up, which helped my balance, but there's room for improvement with my technique. Still, the greatly improved times for the heavier weights shows my front squats have got much better in the past few months.

======

5 rft:
5 x deadlifts @ 225
10 x burpees
Score = 8:51 (10:02)

This is another routine from the same day in September 2011, and another significant improvement (1:11). I went a fast as I could with the deadlifts (and with the burpees, of course) and I think I might have sacrificed good form in doing so. I don't usually get doms from heavy deadlifts - i.e. going for a 1 rep max - but I'm sure I will after these.

======

100 bicycle crunches
Time = 2:46

Would have been a damn sight quicker if I hadn't got cramp in my - ahem - nether regions. I also got cramp in my left middle toe while warming up for the deadlifts, and in my right calf and toes in the dressing room afterwards. Perhaps an indication that I had too much coffee this morning, just like I did when I had bad cramp a few weeks ago.

Overall, very pleased with today's scores. Some significant improvements in only 5 months.

It was so cold walking back after my workout that my protein shake froze. Stoopid country.

No comments:

Post a Comment