Wednesday 15 February 2012

Hips and legs

I've been feeling a bit groggy the past couple of days, I think because of a stomach bug. I felt totally wiped out after the 300 workout on Monday and had stomach cramps for most of the afternoon. Yesterday I felt a bit better, but very drained and without any energy. The cramps came back again early evening. My nutrition hasn't been great, either; not because I've been eating crap, just not enough food as my appetite wasn't the same. That left me feeling a bit weak this morning - which might explain the disappointing performance with my first routine - and my head was a bit foggy. It took me a while to get focused.

Power cleans:
95 x 5
105 x 5
115 x 5
125 x 3
130 x 3
135 x 3
140 x 0 (failed on 3 attempts)

I haven't done power cleans on their own for some time, although I've done squat cleans a lot. That being the case, I'm a little disappointed I wasn't able to complete even a single clean at 140lb, as I've done them before when doing squat cleans. As I mentioned above, I was lacking any power this morning, which is probably the cause. 

Power and strength are two different phenomena, and I didn't seem to be lacking any of the latter, as this shows.

Front squats:
100 x 5
115 x 5
125 x 3
135 x 3
145 x 3
155 x 3
165 x 3
170 x 3
175 x 1
175 x 2

After my first attempt at 175lb I felt like I could do better than just 1 rep, so I rested about 2 1/2 minutes, then tried again. 2 is better than 1, but it ain't 3! Still, that's a front squat PR for me, and I think the depth of my squats was decent. I used the correct grip up to and including 115lb, then switched to a cross over grip. I think I managed to keep my elbows up most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment