Saturday 21 April 2012

Full body

Flexin': April 21, 2012. Finally - some horizontal lines!
Personal training with Paul

This is my first day of gym training since last Saturday. The only exercise I did the rest of the week was running (twice on Monday, plus once on Wednesday and Thursday). I needed a break from lifting, but the running showed my conditioning isn't as good as it should be. My legs got more fatigued as the week progressed - which is to be expected - but I was surprised how quickly I got out of breath during my runs. Definitely something I need to think about with my programming.

Alternate sets:
Chin-ups - 5, 5, 5, 5, 5:
30, 35, 40 (4), 40 (5), 40 (3)

Military press - 5, 5, 5, 5, 5:
65, 75, 80 (4), 80 (4), 80 (4)

I kept getting cramp in my left calf during the second half of the pull-ups, probably due to not stretching enough after my runs.

======

5 rft:
10 deadlifts (t&g) @ 135
10 burpees
Time = 9:19

The deadlifts were all unbroken - or, rather, I never released the bar. The burpees turned into slow motion and I felt like I was running on auto-pilot. Thinking about the pain would have slowed me down!

======

Box jumps (bounce reps only):
14" x 10
16" x 10
18" x 10
20" x 10
22" x 10

As soon as I landed on the ground I had to go straight into the next jump, or the rep wouldn't count. Resting momentarily at the top was fine, but I lost my balance and rhythm a few times. Still, the last, highest set was probably my best out of the whole routine.

2 comments:

Paul French said...

I may have written it wrong on the blog, but the weight was 40 pounds for the chinups on all last 3 sets, no 4th set with a 45. On the weight for last 3 sets of the military press was 80 not 85.

Common Sense Design said...

It was a slip of the fingers by me; I meant to type 40(5), indicating I'd completed all 5 prescribed reps as because I didn't manage it in the set before and after. And the 85lb military presses was just wishful thinking! Well spotted!

Post a Comment