Monday 23 April 2012

Full body

Julie Foucher
This is my first time in the gym training on my own for a week. I had the best night's sleep for weeks, and my nutrition was good yesterday (not that I eat a lot of crap, but some weekends I don't eat enough if I'm running around doing errands.) Bearing all that in mind, I can't figure out why today's session was so disappointing.

Power clean and jerk:
95 x 3
105 x 2
105 x 3
110 x 2
115 x 1
115 x 2
120 x 0
120 x 0

Only 2 reps at 105lb was pretty shit, so I redid that set before proceeding. Likewise, I should be able to get 2 reps at 115lb, but I failed my second rep in my first attempt, so I did it again. Even though I didn't manage to hold the bar overhead with either of my 120lb jerks, they were both pretty close. I got the bar overhead, but couldn't hold it there for long.

======

Cindy - Amrap 20: 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 15 air squats
Score = 12 rounds plus 5 pull-ups and 5 push-ups

The last time I did this - in January - I was disappointed and frustrated with my performance. Today was even worse. However, back then I felt pretty weak and that accounted for my low score; today I felt really good but my strategy was different - and failed. I didn't count my rounds so that I could concentrate on just completing the movements as my body allowed. This was a mistake because sometimes knowing how much I've done and how long I have left can push me to increase my speed. Also, I deliberately tried not to go at full speed from the beginning so that I could save my energy for later in the routine. Again, this didn't work very well.

I'm disappointed with today's performance because I felt so good and very positive heading into the gym. I felt fully rested and full of energy, which makes the results so frustrating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment