Monday 7 May 2012

Full body / Conditioning

A Paleo-licious dish I made yesterday for my nephew's birthday dinner: mashed butternut squash,
covered in pecans, with a butter and honey glaze. I think this is the most popular healthy dish I've ever
taken to a family event - it was almost totally devoured!
Early start for me today, due to a morning meeting.

For time:

30 x back squats @ 115lb (a2g)
20 x pull-ups (kipping)
10 x push presses @ 85lb

30 x front squats @ 95lb (a2g)
20 x pull-ups (kipping)
10 x push presses @ 85lb

30 x air squats
20 x pull-ups (kipping)
10 x push presses @ 85lb

Time = 23:30

This was loosely based on a main site WOD from last week. There are various ways of scaling it, as shown in the YouTube demo; the RXed version uses heavier weights and more reps. I sometimes get a head rush from swift up and down movements like squats, but  I made sure not to rush any of the back and front squats too much, concentrating on smooth, controlled reps. Hamstring to calf causes me problems with heavy back squats - partly because of confidence, not just strength - but 115lb was light enough not to be an issue. Good, sweaty workout.

======

For time:
75 sit-ups
Time = 3:31 

Far from my quickest time. I don't do these often enough. I keep making excuses to myself, especially after a deadlift or squatting routine when my back is feeling tight. Today, I actually went into the changing room after the workout above, thought, "Screw it", and went back out again to do the sit-ups.

I'll be doing some running at the track while Madi swims this afternoon, which will be my last run before next week's New Hamburg Classic 5k.

No comments:

Post a Comment