Tuesday 29 May 2012

Full body

Deadlifts (touch and go):
140 x 10
185 x 5
210 x 5
225 x 5
260 x 5
285 x 2

I did a similar workout several weeks ago, with slightly lighter weights. Today I felt like I was able to go a little heavier while maintaining good form. Plus, every set - except the final one - were touch and go, which I wasn't able to do last time. However, I got too cocky with the last set. In April I finished up with 4 reps at 275lb, but I was pretty sure I could improve on that today, so I went for 285lb. I managed 2 reps - resetting, not t&g - but I could feel the stress on my lower back. It wasn't painful, but it was enough for me to know that I shouldn't risk any more reps as my form was obviously suffering.

======

I didn't have too much time this morning, so I finished off with a quick routine stolen from Paul.

2 rounds for time:
20 pull-ups (kipping)
50 push-ups
Time = 9:44

I'll repeat that in case it got missed:

9:44!

I'll say no more... :-)

======

Addendum: While Madi had her spin class this afternoon, I did a short workout session.

Death by power snatches @ 70lb
Score = 8 rounds exactly

===

Skipping practice

No comments:

Post a Comment