Monday 23 July 2012

Pushing


Holy shit, the weather was brutal this morning. The heat definitely made me a bit sluggish at the beginning of my workout.

Bench press - small bench, 6 holes
105 x 3
115 x 3
125 x 3
135 x 3
140 x 1
140 x 1

Meh.

======

Death by military press @ 65lb
Score = 7 rounds + 7 reps

Well, that's a damn sight better than last time.

======

Alternate sets:
Lateral raises @ 20s - 10, 10, 10, 9
Push-downs @ 45 - 10, 10, 10, 8

The reason I didn't increase my reps per round, nor the weight used, is because the last two reps in each set were a struggle, and I barely managed to complete my prescribed reps. However, it wasn't until the fourth round of each move that I actually failed.

I was going to finish off with some ab work, but I put so much into engaging my core for the push-downs that I felt like I'd done enough. My lower abs were burning during the second half of each set.

No comments:

Post a Comment