Monday 20 August 2012

Pushing

Greatly underrated director. RIP Tony Scott.
I felt really sluggish from the moment I woke up this morning, even though I thought I got a decent night's sleep. While walking to the gym I really wasn't in the mood for training, but this was a PT session so there was no way I could slack off! Even during my warm up and stretches I felt meh. However - as is often the case - once I got going, I felt more energized as the adrenaline kicked in. Also, the dynamic of having someone watching over you as you train causes the ego to take over, so minimum effort and failure aren't viable options. It's an hour after I finished training, and I feel more awake now than two hours ago.

Bench press
95 x 8
115 x 5
125 x 5
135 x 4(a)
135 x 3

======

Dumbbell seated shoulder press
30 x 10, 35s x 5, 37s x 5, 5, 5

======

21-15-9 rft
Push press @ 85lb (from the floor)
Dips
Time = 12:25

Couldn't find my old time to compare.

======

Dumbbell skull crushers
22s x 8
20s x 6
20s x 6

Pretty light on the skull crushers, but the last time I did them I hadn't punished my arms as much beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment